- n membranous duct connecting the fetus with the placenta
- a relating to or resembling the umbilicus
- A baby is lifted out of the uterus while the surgeon severs the umbilical cord.
- Recognizing the treatment potential of stem cells harvested from discarded umbilical cords, some states are pushing to expand cord-blood donation.
- Take, for example, the case of a prolapsed umbilical cord.
News & Articles
- Mississippi law to help track fathers takes effect July 1
Mississippi’s first-in-the-nation law requiring physicians and midwives to collect umbilical cord blood from mothers under 16 when they are suspected victims of sexual abuse, most often statutory rape, becomes effective July 1.
June 16, 2013 - Memphis Commercial Appeal
- Tell mother about living together
Tell mother about living together Tell mother about living together Stop beating around the bush and tell your mother what your plans are. At 25, you are old enough — and this relationship has gone on long enough — that moving in together is a natural progression toward a permanent commitment. [...] if you truly can't decide whether cutting the umbilical cord is worth it, then keep things as ...
June 15, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Chattanoogan.com - Chattanooga's source for breaking local news
Bob Tamasy: Technological Umbilical Cord? Remember the days before everyone had cell phones? No, dinosaurs didn’t roam the earth then, although it almost seems that way.
June 13, 2013 - The Chattanoogan
- Oprah Winfrey in BBC News
There would be no 'Lion King' without South Africa. This is where the umbilical cord was first cut,said Ms Winfrey.
- Nelson Mandela in Independent Online
In a 1990 speech, former president Nelson Mandela described the ANC as "a child of Bloemfontein", saying "the umbilical cord of the ANC" was buried there.
- Justin Rigali in PR-Inside.com (Pressemitteilung)
It seems virtually every byproduct of live birth -- amniotic fluid, amniotic membrane, placenta, cord blood, and the tissue of the umbilical cord itself -- contains stem cells that may rival embryonic stem cells in their flexibility,the...