- MLADEN VUKSANOVIC, 57, Bosnian writer who chronicled the rise of Bosnian Serb ultranationalism; on Cres Island, Croatia.
- Meantime, the Premier's Communist rivals in ultranationalism, the outlawed Tudeh Party, launched a movement for the return to Iran of the Bahrein Islands in the Persian Gulf .
- For the time being, Gomulka is obviously the man the Russians rely on, and there is some doubt that they would feel entirely comfortable with Moczar's brand of ultranationalism.
- Rebiya Kadeer in Wall Street Journal
The . . . Chinese government is indoctrinating its own people with ultranationalism,Ms. Kadeer says. "It used to be the security forces arresting and killing Uighurs. Now it is the Chinese mobs themselves [who] are after Uighurs, both in...
- Stephen Zunes in San Francisco Chronicle
The threat of war plays right into the hands of Iranian hard-liners and encourages the ultranationalism that helps drive nuclear ambitions. There are plenty of other carrots and sticks to offer,said Stephen Zunes, a professor of politics and...