ulnar : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a relating to or near the ulna
- Gosset, of Paris, recounted the miracles of " white magic," by which a healthy nerve from a dog was spliced to the ulnar nerve of a man, and demonstrated power of movement in 340 .
- Tests showed that Beauregard 's ulnar nerve had been damaged at her left elbow.
- The doctors connected two of the buttons to the arm's median and ulnar nerves with stainless-steel coils, and wired the third button to another carbon plug that serves as a .
News & Articles
- Future Impact of Orioles Phenom Dylan Bundy's Tommy John Surgery
Dylan Bundy entered the season as the consensus top pitching prospect in baseball. Now, sadly, the 20-year-old may not take the mound for the next year. According to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun, Bundy has been diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament and will have Dr. James Andrews perform season-ending surgery on Thursday. Bundy first experienced a “mild elbow tightness ...
June 27, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- HBT: Reyes set to rejoin Blue Jays on Thursday
Indians manager Terry Francona confirmed that Brett Myers will be used as a reliever when he returns from the disabled list, per MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian. Myers has been on the DL since April 20 after suffering from right elbow tendinitis and a mild ulnar collateral ligament sprain.
June 24, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Indians will use Brett Myers out of the bullpen when he returns from DL
Indians manager Terry Francona confirmed that Brett Myers will be used as a reliever when he returns from the disabled list, per MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian. Myers has been on the DL since April 20 after suffering from right elbow tendinitis and a mild ulnar collateral ligament sprain. He is expected to join short-season Mahoning Valley on Monday…
June 24, 2013 - NBC Sports: HardballTalk
- Terry Francona in MLB.com
Precautionary, yes. I mean, he's OK,said Red Sox manager Terry Francona. "He got looked at with the Fluoroscan. He got hit on the ulnar nerve -- the funny bone --- and he got hit pretty good. You could see when he was running the bases he...
- Albert Pujols in MLB.com
I think we played it the right way,Pujols said. "Both of the doctors have experience. Dr. Paletta had the experience with Chris Carpenter, what he's done with his elbow. A year before, they had to [transpose my] ulnar nerve. He felt that,...
- Jim Hendry in CBC.ca
There is no damage to the (ulnar) nerve,Cubs general manager Jim Hendry told reporters from spring training in Mesa, Ariz. "The ligament remains exactly the same from the MRI last year."