- n the act of tying or binding things together
- v fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord
- v finish a game with an equal number of points, goals, etc.
- v limit or restrict to
- v connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces
- v form a knot or bow in
- v create social or emotional ties
- v perform a marriage ceremony
- v make by tying pieces together
- v unite musical notes by a tie
- Two Giants were on basethe tying runs.
- His idea of fun was to frighten his parents putting a sheet over his head and jumping out at them from a closet, or tying a string to a bedroom curtain and making it move after .
- As Liu Xiang raced to victory in the 110-meter hurdles at the Athens Olympics, his legs pumping with flawless precision to clock a world record-tying time of 12.
News & Articles
- Shorebirds Fall Short in Game One, 5-4
The Delmarva Shorebirds (27-36) stranded 10 base runners including the tying run at third in the eighth and the tying run at second in the ninth as the Hickory Crawdads (38-29) took game one at L.P. Frans Stadium, 5-4. The Shorebirds top of the order, Lucas Herbst, Tucker Nathans and Creede Simpson accounted for eight of the 12 hits.
June 14, 2013 - WBOC Salisbury
- No record-tying high temperature for Phoenix area
It was hot again in the Phoenix metropolitan area, but it wasn't record-tying heat.
June 13, 2013 - FOX 10 Phoenix
- NLV mom accused of tying child to bed due in court
A North Las Vegas mom accused of tying her 4-year-old daughter to a bed and leaving her alone for hours is expected to appear before a judge Wednesday.
June 12, 2013 - FOX 5 Las Vegas
- Robert Gates in Pakistan Dawn
I'm just frankly not specifically certain myself of the details but I understand there is pretty good evidence tying (the bombs) to the Iranians,Mr Gates said at a Nato meeting in Spain.
- Bud Selig in USA Today
Throughout this season, I have watched Barry Bonds' pursuit of the home run record. Now that he is on the verge of tying the record, the time has come to announce that I will make every attempt to attend the record-setting moment,Selig said...
- Brad Pitt in E! Online
In October, Pitt told Esquire magazine, "Angie and I will consider tying the knot when everyone else in the country who wants to be married is legally able."