- n a localized and violently destructive windstorm occurring over land characterized by a funnel-shaped cloud extending toward the ground
- n small friedcake formed into twisted strips and fried; richer than doughnuts
- As it turned out, the twister swerved and missed the Turtles.
- They were understandably hastythe twister struck 40 miles south in tiny Leedey, tore it apart and killed six.
- About one child in ten is a "strephosymbolic" (twister of symbols).
News & Articles
- More than one twist to Misericordia camp
DALLAS TWP. 8212 Britney Loucks, 11, and Jaleesa Ross, 10, contorted to the Twister calls of Brittany Thomas, a soon-to be junior at Wyoming Area High School 8220Right foot, blue 8230 left hand, yellow.8221
June 20, 2013 - Times Leader
- Waterspout comes ashore in Grand Isle, causing minor damage
The twister was seen around 3:15 p.m.
June 19, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Storm chaser: 'I don't know' if I'll go back after ordeal
As Mike Bettes chased a tornado in Oklahoma Friday, the twister was hot on the heels of his SUV. He realized he wasn't going to make it as his truck was lifted up into the air.“It really felt like at that moment I was going to heaven," he said Sunday on TODAY. Bettes is an experienced meteorologist with The Weather Channel, but his credentials were no match for the ferocity of the storm. His ...
June 18, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Ralph Goodale in CTV.ca
Here's my arm-twister right here,Ralph Goodale, the former finance minister who went to Rae late in the campaign, said as he waved his cell phone.
- Phil Bredesen in CNN
I don't think that I have seen, since I've been governor, a tornado where the combination of the intensity of it and the length of the track was as large as this one,Bredesen said. "That track had to be 25 miles long. [The twister] didn't...
- Jeev Milkha Singh in Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
It was like a twister or a mini tornado,Singh said. "I thought the players behind us would get flown into the water as these guys were just holding their hats and pushing themselves down."