- He found a studio near Montparnasse in La Ruche ("The Beehive"), a famous twelve-sided wooden structure divided into wedge-shaped rooms.
- The highlight of her coming-of-age party: the cutting of the royal cake, a 30-pound, twelve-sided baker's delight, each side decorated with a sign of the zodiac, the main panel .
- If a visitor suggests that Davis' flat shapes seem to hang away from the wall and look very much like twelve-sided swimming pools, Davis will protest that all he meant to depict .
News & Articles
- Britain to issue new one-pound coin modelled on threepenny bit
Britain plans to replace its 1-pound coin with a new version modelled on the country's historic threepenny piece, Chancellor George Osborne will announce later on Wednesday. The new pound's proposed twelve-sided shape composed of two different coloured metals will help with efforts to crack down on fake currency, the finance ministry said. The new coin will be armed with new Integrated Secure ...
March 19, 2014 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- The New 12-Sided £1 Coin Makes The Dollar Look Like A Joke
In announcing a new budget today, George Osborne, the chancellor of the exchequer (finance minister) , said the U.K. needs a new £1 coin "to help reduce counterfeiting and ensure the integrity of the United Kingdom’s currency." Here are some details on the prototype from the Royal Mint: "The proposed £1 coin design is distinctly British, with a twelve-sided shape which evokes memories of the pre ...
March 19, 2014 - Business Insider