- n a weak chirping sound as of a small bird
- v make a weak, chirping sound
the small bird was tweeting in the tree
- v squeeze tightly between the fingers
- A "tweet" is a short message used to update family, friends and anyone else who cares about your daily (or even hourly) activities.
- A tweet from @climatecamp captured the mood: "Very amused that an ice-cream van managed to reach the front of the camp faster than the police vans :-)".
- In Seattle, Mars Hill churchgoers regularly tweet throughout the service.
News & Articles
- Tweet of the Day: Paul Ryan puckers up
(CNN) – While he tweeted this on Sunday, we thought it was too good not to post today. House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan often talked about his love for hunting and fishing during his 2012 vice presidential run–but his latest tweet seals with a kiss just how much he loves the outdoors. Politicians don't […]
July 1, 2013 - CNN Political Ticker
- Who Are The Most Innovative Consumer Companies?
Who are the most innovative consumer and retail companies? Send in your nominations! Tweet your suggestions using the hashtag #CircleUp25 or post on CircleUp?s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/CircleUp).
July 1, 2013 - Forbes
- Twitter Lists Embedded Tweet Sites, And Then Promptly Removes Them
Michael Harper for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Yesterday security expert Mikko Hypponen mentioned something interesting that he saw on Twitter. In a Tweet, he asked if Twitter had always listed which websites had embedded a particular Tweet. TechCrunch and The Verge quickly pointed out Hyponnen's Tweet in stories which appeared on their respective websites, complete with embedded Tweets ...
July 1, 2013 - redOrbit
- Shaquille O'Neal in International Herald Tribune
Attention all twitterers I'ma tweet at halftime and not get fined like vill a new wave a whteva his name is,Shaq wrote.
- Darrelle Revis in ESPN
I don't miss it,Revis said. "I did tweet early on, then I did stop because I think it's a distraction and I'm not really that type of dude to let my team down by getting distracted by somebody else."
- Shashi Tharoor in Oneindia
I only regret the visa tweet because of the nature of our political culture, which is not one sadly, where public discussion of issues requiring discussions is particularly elcomed,Tharoor said.