- n a member of a Turkic people living in Turkmenistan and neighboring areas
- n a republic in Asia to the east of the Caspian Sea and to the south of Kazakhstan and to the north of Iran; an Asian soviet from 1925 to 1991
- n the Turkic language spoken by the Turkoman
- a of or relating to or characteristic of Turkmenistan or its people or culture
News & Articles
- Turkmenistan Insurance Industry Analyzed by Timetric in Insightful Report Now Available at MarketPublishers.com
The insurance industry in Turkmenistan is very small in terms of significance and size: insurance penetration was equal to 0.2% in 2012, while global average figure was above 6.5%. The value of the national industry’s written premium grew at a 20.2% CARG from 2008 to amount to USD 70.4 million in 2012.
June 7, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Turkmenistan: A Photographer’s Diary
Editors' Picks: No TM_ikuru_01.jpg Upon disembarking in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan’s marble-clad capital, photographer Ikuru Kuwajima couldn’t help making comparisons to Astana, the capital of another resource-rich Central Asian nation. “I was mesmerized by the vast districts of marble-coated white buildings and some bizarre futuristic tall buildings springing up around the center of the city ...
June 7, 2013 - EurasiaNet
- Turkmenistan: Arkadag Rides Again!
You would think that after his near-death experience on the track a couple of weeks back Turkmenistan’s top jockey, Gurbanguly Berdymukhemedov, might stop playing with ponies for a while. But nooooo. … Berdymukhamedov was back in the saddle the other day hosting Turkish President Abdullah Gül at the track in the Turkmen capital Ashgabat. Gül was in Turkmenistan on a state visit , during which he ...
June 6, 2013 - EurasiaNet
- Saparmurat Niyazov in International Herald Tribune
The book claims as Turkmen numerous other individuals and peoples, including the Turks, who established what Niyazov called "the Ottoman Turkmen Empire" and "dominated one third of the world for more than 600 years."
- Muqtada al-Sadr in AFP
We appeal to the people; Sunnis, Shiites, Arabs, Kurds and Turkmen to participate in the elections,prayer leader Sadr al-Din al-Qubanchi said in the holy Shiite city of Najaf. "You must vote to express the will of the people and not to...
- Gurbanguli Berdymukhamedov in International Herald Tribune
Our joint efforts are clearly visible in the transnational pipeline joining Turkmenistan with China along the banks of the Amu Darya river, where Turkmen specialists have discovered a gigantic oil and gas field,Berdymukhamedov said.