- s characterized by unrest or disorder or insubordination
a turbulent and unruly childhood
- s (of a liquid) agitated vigorously; in a state of turbulence
- Jos Iturbi, turbulent-tempered Spanish conductor-pianist, got on his high horse last week with one angry bound.
- They enjoy years of bliss, until the prince is obliged, in painful circumstances, to take over the kingdom and discovers the harsh realities of ruling a turbulent realm .
- That his political and strategic ambitions have created a dividing line in the history of this turbulent and tormented century is undeniable: there is a before and an after.
News & Articles
- Severe weather forecast: Worst could be from Delaware to North Carolina
It could be a day and night of turbulent weather for parts of the East Coast, with the possibility of powerful thunderstorms, gale-force winds, and maybe tornadoes, weather forecasters warn.
June 13, 2013 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- The Ideal EHR and Medical Billing Integration
Staggering changes in the healthcare market, turbulent costs and increasing regulatory, governance and compliance challenges, entail the evolution of the United States Healthcare industry. Over the last couple of decades, industry stakeholders have struggled with care provision, patient health information and security, commercialization of the healthcare business, and the introduction of ...
June 13, 2013 - MedCity News
- First Person: Confession of a Baby Boomer
Growing up as a Baby Boomer meant living through fun, carefree, yet turbulent times. Many Baby Boomer children may have listened in during discussions between their parents about the house payment, retirement fund, how the investments were doing and the "nest egg." Teaching children about financial security by encouraging early savings and taking advantage of benefits at work, that would ...
June 13, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Finance
- President Bush in Bloomberg
Bush says those measures will help the country "weather turbulent times in the housing market."
- Wang Guangya in FOXNews
The council's move "will give rise to a series of political and legal problems, likely to add to the uncertainties embedded in the already turbulent political and security and situation in Lebanon," Wang said after the vote.