- n unstable flow of a liquid or gas
- n instability in the atmosphere
- n a state of violent disturbance and disorder (as in politics or social conditions generally)
the industrial revolution was a period of great turbulence
- United Airlines 747 struck by surprise turbulence over Pacific.
- After a rocky ride claims the life of a passenger, airlines look for better ways to spot turbulence.
- Costa Rica, long an island of tranquillity in troubled Central America, is experiencing some unaccustomed turbulence.
News & Articles
- Analysis: After the Fed shock, markets set for more turmoil
By Steven C. Johnson NEW YORK (Reuters) - Fasten your seatbelts. And expect lots of turbulence. If that was the message Ben Bernanke was trying to deliver when he said the Federal Reserve could soon start scaling back its massive stimulus program for the U.S. economy, it's safe to say investors received it loud and clear. ...
June 22, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Markets settle down after Fed-inspired jolt
LONDON (AP) — Financial markets settled down Friday after the turbulence caused by U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's admission that the central bank may be done with its monetary stimulus next year.
June 21, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Muscle Gaining Secrets | “Turbulence Training” Teaches People How To Lose Fat and Gain Muscle Fast – Tony Nguyen
Turbulence Training created by Craig Ballantyne is a new program that provides people with muscle gaining secrets, and detailed instructions on how to lose weight and gain muscle fast. A full Turbulence Training review on the site Vkool.com indicates if the program is worth buying. (PRWeb June 18, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/muscle-gaining-secrets/turbulence ...
June 18, 2013 - PRWeb
- Donald Kohn in International Herald Tribune
Kohn noted that "the increased turbulence of recent weeks partly reversed some of the improvement in market functioning over the late part of September and in October."
- Ben Bernanke in FOXBusiness
However, in light of the recent turbulence in financial markets, the uncertainty attending this forecast is quite high and the risks remain to the downside,said Bernanke.
- Rowan Williams in BBC News
...Williams and Dr Sentamu said the forthcoming elections were taking place "at a time of extraordinary turbulence in our democratic system". "The temptation to stay away or register a protest vote in order to send a negative signal to...