- s (of plants) growing in small dense clumps or tufts
- s having or adorned with tufts
a tufted bedspread
- s (of a bird or animal) having a usually ornamental tuft or process on the head; often used in combination
- Chin-tufted Libyan Governor Italo Balbo had flown over from Tripoli to attend the party.
- The 255 made-over rooms are a subtle mix of chinoiserie, tufted leather headboards, carpets with plum-blossom motifs, and techie gadgetry including high-speed wireless connections .
- Dishonorable Mention: Brazilian Ronaldo's new tufted frontal-lobe look, as gauche as his silver boots.
- Dr Seuss in Palm Springs Life
Today,Dr. Seuss says, "I wonder what they think of that Groffulous, Griffulous Groo - the Mountains of Tobak near the River of Nobak where a Thing-a-ma-Bobsk only eats rhubarb and corn-on-the cobsk - or a Tizzle-Topped Tufted Mazurka from the...