- n a bunch of hair or feathers or growing grass
- n a bunch of feathers or hair
- There, dressed in a beige robe and white turban, a tuft of a beard protruding from his chin, he hosts a menagerie of visitors seeking religious guidance, marriage advice and .
- And then there are the youngsters, some of them naked and with their heads shaved except for a single tuft in front.
- A year-old male calf is playing with a long, stringy tuft of grass.
- Mike Weir in Canada.com
I hit a good putt, but there was a big tuft of grass - a big spike mark - right in my way,Weir said. "So I tried to hit the putt hard and it bumped right off it."