- n a sterile liquid containing a purified protein derivative of the tuberculosis bacterium; used in the diagnosis of tuberculosis
- There were 81 cases among children with positive tuberculin reactions a significantly higher rate than among the vaccinated.
- It has taken place in Davos, the 19th century tuberculin spa of Thomas Mann's exquisitely depressing novel The Magic Mountain, every year for the past three decades.
- A preparation of tuberculin is applied with a toothpick to the surface of the skin, where it sticks like glue.
News & Articles
- Health Department changes TB policy
Onslow County Health Department no longer offers tuberculosis skin tests to low-risk patients because of a shortage of the purified protein derivative of tuberculin.
Aug. 2, 2013 - The Jacksonville Daily News