- n the lowest atmospheric layer; from 4 to 11 miles high (depending on latitude)
- The bottom layer of the peel, the troposphere, is essentially where all global weather takes place; it extends from the earth's surface to a height of ten miles.
- The sun would heat the smoke and lift it into the stratosphere that's the layer above the troposphere, where we live where there is no rain to clear it out.
- Much of the soot in lower troposphere is eventually washed out by rain, but clouds higher up continue to block sun for weeks or months.
News & Articles
- Tiny Sticker-Like Sensors Will Let You Monitor Everything, Everywhere
Environmental sensors are used everywhere from heavy industry to UAVs hunting the troposphere for water vapor . The new postage-stamp sized, self-powered, flexible wireless sensor unveiled today by Japan's Green Sensor Network Laboratories could make home applications a breeze, letting you measure the humidity of your greenhouse or make sure your pipes don't burst in a winter freeze. Read more ...
July 10, 2013 - Gizmodo
- Ben Santer in Seattle Times
Both of them now show convincing evidence that the troposphere has warmed,Santer said.
- Kevin Warsh in 940 News
Although climate cooling by sulphate aerosols also occurs in the troposphere, the great advantage of placing reflective particles in the stratosphere is their long residence time of about one to two years, compared to a week in the... Paul Crutzen http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_J._Crutzen&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE1OaaoisS3YLDBdRO1Zh5Twfc7Ag Independent Online http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.iol.co.za/index.php%3Fset_id%3D1%26click_id%3D143%26art_id%3Diol1154343560452G414&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF2pWPysD9V5K_D5ozcNAzIzq7kKg Jul 31, 2006
102195 135673 trot Even if the economy were to weaken somewhat further, we should be inclined to resist expected, reflexive calls to trot out the hammer again," Warsh said, referring to the Fed's key interest rate.