- n a weathered and decomposed siliceous limestone; in powdered form it is used in polishing
- n the capital and chief port and largest city of Libya; in northwestern Libya on the Mediterranean Sea; founded by the Phoenicians in the 7th century BC
- n a port city and commercial center in northwestern Lebanon on the Mediterranean Sea
News & Articles
- Bomb found under Italian diplomatic car in Tripoli
TRIPOLI (Reuters) - A bomb planted under an Italian diplomatic car in the Libyan capital Tripoli was discovered and exploded as police had cordoned off the area, diplomatic and security sources said. No one was injured in the incident, which happened as the diplomats had stopped off to go shopping in the central Zawiyat Dahmani area on Tuesday afternoon, the sources said. "The driver noticed ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Tripoli man arrested for theft from elderly person
TRIPOLI, Iowa — Deputies arrested a Tripoli man for allegedly stealing money from an elderly rural Waverly resident after receiving a tip on Friday.
June 10, 2013 - Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier
- Tripoli man accused of stealing from elderly employer
A Tripoli man was arrested and accused of stealing from his elderly employer.
June 10, 2013 - KWWL Iowa