- n a heavy colorless highly toxic liquid used as a solvent to clean electronic components and for dry cleaning and as a fumigant; causes cancer and liver and lung damage
- In Iowa, Tennessee, Massachusetts and New Jersey, toxics such as benzene, carbon tetrachloride and trichloroethyleneall known or suspected carcinogens have seeped into .
- The wells, closed in 1979, were found to contain five toxic chemicals, among them trichloroethylene, or a cleaning solvent that Schlichtmann contends causes cancer, a point .
- Paint sludges collect in sticky red and green pools on the porous ground, and such chemicals as arsenic, benzene, toluene, trichloroethylene and naphthalene ooze from rusty .
News & Articles
- Common solvent linked to liver cancer risk
By Kathryn Doyle NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Scandinavian workers exposed to a common industrial cleaning fluid showed higher risk for developing cancers of the liver, kidneys and cervix in a large new study. Trichloroethylene, or TCE, is a chemical solvent that has already been shown to cause cancer in animals when inhaled or absorbed through the skin in large amounts. ...
June 6, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News