- n a wrongful interference with the possession of property (personal property as well as realty), or the action instituted to recover damages
- n entry to another's property without right or permission
- v enter unlawfully on someone's property
Don't trespass on my land!
- v make excessive use of
She is trespassing upon my privacy
- v break the law
- v commit a sin; violate a law of God or a moral law
- v pass beyond (limits or boundaries)
- Moments after Blake and his group entered the grounds, a park owner stopped them, read the trespass law aloud.
- In Singapore, you associate campaigns with the message that if you trespass, we're going to punish you.
- Interim measures such as issuing trespass warnings and beefing up police presence are often not enough to rein in throngs of trash-talking teens.
News & Articles
- Police Blotter, June 12, 2013
The following account was taken from Columbia County Sheriff’s office incident reports: Teen arrested after attack on deputy An Evans teen was arrested late Thursday after he reportedly was intoxicated at an Evans movie theater and lunged for a deputy’s weapon. William Robert Watson, 17, of Sweet Bay Court, was charged with criminal trespass, terroristic threats, obstruction and minor in ...
June 12, 2013 - McDuffie Mirror
- Police beat June 12
Resisting arrest charge: State police arrested a Maryland man at Highpoint Raceway June 8. Kenneth Eugene Bishop, 24, of Little Orleans, is charged with criminal trespass, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. Police said Bishop was highly intoxicated, disorderly and directed to leave Highpoint Raceway by security but...
June 12, 2013 - Observer-Reporter
- Man breaks into South Hero building
A Winooski man was charged with unlawful trespass after police said he broke into a South Hero building Friday.
June 11, 2013 - The Burlington Free Press
- Herb Sendek in DevilsDigest.com
At the time, it wouldn't have occurred to me that entering an airport office under these circumstances would be considered trespassing. But I understand now that, since I was told to stay out, it can be considered trespass. That's why I'm entering... Bob Filner http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Filner&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFEzzfWCLrA8pp_2TpjOATUd7AnzA Guardian Unlimited http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-7105079,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEjJd2ViEsnI4obP04wmFktpM-GcQ Nov 26, 2007
101880 135115 trespass I can't go there - I don't know," Sendek said. "How do you know something like that? The minute you allow yourself to trespass into that area, you're using a crutch and you're making an excuse."
- Shami Chakrabarti in Independent
The law does contain ambiguities that the General Assembly may wish to refine at some future date, to avoid unnecessary litigation, but the understandable concerns raised against the bill do not suffice to justify a trespass on a fundamental right... Mitch Daniels http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_Daniels&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHSjQGun__vt6S6cFlo4LXvJR8Y1A Evansville Courier & Press http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.courierpress.com/news/2010/mar/18/daniels-signs-bill-allowing-guns-work/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFUeTZ7ApSo-Af2W16RlB5y7TqxNg Mar 18, 2010
101882 135120 trespasser Shami Chakrabarti, the director of Liberty, said: When does a peaceful protester become a trespasser? In a free society, when does he become a criminal? In Britain in 2006, only one man - the Home Secretary - will now decide instead of Parliament...