- n an exercise device consisting of an endless belt on which a person can walk or jog without changing place
- n a mill that is powered by men or animals walking on a circular belt or climbing steps
- n a job involving drudgery and confinement
- The treadmill desk could be the most useful juxtaposition since PEOPLE magazine put a scratch-and-sniff patch on its Sexiest Men Alive pictures.
- Now Stephen Colbert's campaign of self-aggrandizement is poised to go galactic; the space shuttle is scheduled to bring the International Space Station a new treadmill, named the .
- For 22 weeks, the aerobic group worked out for 45 minutes three times a week on the treadmill or stationary bicycle; the resistance-training group spent an equal amount of time on .
News & Articles
- Old Space Station Treadmill to be Dumped from Orbit
The space station's trusty old Treadmill Vibration Isolation System will be dumped in July after being superseded by the recently installed Combined Operational Load Bearing External Resistance Treadmill (C.O.L.B.E.R.T.) Continue reading ?
June 13, 2013 - Discovery News
- Off and No Longer Running: Space Station's First Treadmill to be Jettisoned with Trash
The TVIS treadmill was sent to burn up in Earth's atmosphere after being replaced by a new one.
June 11, 2013 - SPACE.com
- The 500-Calorie-Burning Treadmill Workout
Weight loss on your mind? Kick it up a notch with this 41-minute treadmill interval workout that will burn around 500 calories. Complete it five times in a week and you are well on your way to burning an extra 3,500 calories - the magic number to lose one pound in a week . Not too difficult, right? Continue reading to see this 500-calorie-burning interval workout
June 11, 2013 - PopSugar
- Dirk Nowitzki in SI.com
Hopefully I can move where I can already go on the underwater treadmill a little bit in the next couple of days, so at least I can put some pressure on it and see how it feels,Nowitzki said.
- Steven Brill in FOXNews
Once you're on that treadmill, you have to keep reaching for higher and higher ratings to justify the higher costs,said Brill, who founded and now runs Verified Identity Pass Inc., which makes a fast-pass identity card for airline travelers.
- Jim Tressel in GoAZcats.com (subscription)
I have a lot of confidence in our doctors and trainers and strength guys, and not only was he running well, but they put him on the bike and wore him out,Tressel said. "He's been in the underwater treadmill and anything we can do we're...