- n a province of northeastern South Africa originally inhabited by Africans who spoke Bantu; colonized by the Boers
News & Articles
- Ndlovu and Transvaal fight to a draw once again
Featherweights Prince Ndlovu and Mbulelo Transvaal fought toe-to-toe over eight rounds in an exciting clash that ended in a draw at the Presley’s Restaurant in Boksburg on Wednesday night. This was a return match with their first fight in November last year also ending in a draw.
Nov. 28, 2013 - Fightnews.com
- Ian McGeechan in Independent Online
I think it is really exciting that we have a lot of players making their debut,said McGeechan. "I remember my debut for the Lions against Western Transvaal in 1974 in Potchefstroom and it is a career highlight."
- Nicholas II in The Guardian
Russia was also technically neutral, but Tsar Nicholas II wrote to his sister: "I am wholly preoccupied with the war between England and the Transvaal. Every day I read the news in the British newspapers from the first to the last line : I cannot...
- Oliver Tambo in Cape Argus (subscription)
They came from Natal, the Cape, the Free State and from the Northern Transvaal,recalled Tambo, "and, of course, many from Johannesburg and the areas next to Johannesburg."