- n the transport of dissolved material within a plant
- n (genetics) an exchange of chromosome parts
translocations can result in serious congenital disorders
- Whether the translocation will have implications outside John Q's family is still unclear.
- She is an American human geneticist and the first scientist to identify a chromosomal translocation as the cause of leukemia and other cancers.
News & Articles
- Endangered Millerbird population doubles on Laysan Island
The latest count of endangered Millerbirds on Hawaii's Laysan Island found that the bird’s population has doubled to over 100 from the original total of 50 translocated birds released by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service , American Bird Conservancy, and others in 2011 and 2012. The translocation program was initiated several years ago, when all of the world’s remaining Millerbirds -- between ...
June 24, 2013 - KITV Honolulu
- Tariq Aziz in DailyIndia.com
It may be risky to do the translocation but it will be riskier not to do anything,said Tariq Aziz, Associate Director with WWF-India's Species Programme."These national treasures are at risk if an outbreak of disease or other calamity hits...
- Gary Humphries in Sydney Morning Herald
They said translocation on this scale has not been tried before in Australia and it would not work,Senator Humphries told the ABC.
- Joel Fitzgibbon in ABC Online
The new government has heard the protest against (culling) and at the moment we're putting in place a pilot program on translocation,Mr Fitzgibbon said. "Discussions need to be had with the ACT Government, but I think the ACT Government...