- n a transcription from one alphabet to another
- Cawaii (another transliteration of that omnipresent Japanese word), for example, has a Chinese version that is translated and distributed abroad.
- The correct pronunciation is roughly equal to "shoe" but thanks to the poor transliteration it's never pronounced correctly.
- Other parts have a ring of transliteration, rather than translation, from Latin.
News & Articles
- Google updates Gesture Search, now recognizes over 40 languages
Gesture lovers and polyglots rejoice! Yesterday, Google updated Gesture Search for Android phones and tablets, making it compatible with even more languages. The app provides quick access to music, contacts, applications, settings and bookmarks -- to name some -- by letting users simply draw characters on the screen. It now recognizes over 40 languages and even handles transliteration, which ...
June 13, 2013 - Engadget
- Leland Yee in Inquirer.net
SB 288 will ensure that the name appearing on the ballot is in fact the actual name or transliteration of the appropriate candidate,Yee said.