- n a person who translates written messages from one language to another
- n someone who mediates between speakers of different languages
- n a program that translates one programming language into another
- For 6 12 months starting in December 2002, Army Sergeant Erik Saar served as an Arabic translator and a military intelligence specialist at the detention facility for suspected .
- Bible translators feel that since the New Testament was written in brisk, koine (common) Greek, contemporary versions should reflect its informal spirit, even if they have to be .
- Its translator calls it "by far the greatest novel of the East and one which, even if compared with the fiction of Europe, takes its place as one of the dozen masterpieces of .
News & Articles
- Taliban release Kyrgyz chopper crewman
The Taliban released a Kyrgyz man who was captured in April with nine other foreigners and an Afghan translator when their helicopter made an emergency landing in eastern Afghanistan.
June 11, 2013 - Stars and Stripes
- Bing Translator app now in Windows Store
The Bing Translator app, which translates in more than 40 languages, is now available in the Windows Store, Microsoft said today. The app can translate via use of a device’s camera, or through typed or scanned text. It also has audio and can also be used offline, according to Microsoft.
June 6, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Bing Translator app comes to Windows 8 with offline support
The Bing Translator app has been available on Windows Phone for some time, but today it's heading over to Windows 8. According to a post on the browser's Search Blog , the program was built "from the ground up" for Windows devices, and it utilizes the Share Charm to let you translate text from within any Windows 8 app. Otherwise, it works much the same as on other platforms: by using your gadget ...
June 6, 2013 - Engadget
- Kobe Bryant in International Herald Tribune
I felt like I was in a foreign territory because I hadn't been there in so long,Bryant said of his 15-foot misfires. "It's like somebody just dropped me off in the middle of Shanghai with no translator and no dictionary. It was crazy. At...
- Jean Louis in MyFox Maine
Everybody was really shocked to know that he was not going to be around any more because he was our pastor, choir director and our adviser,Jean-Louis said. "He was also our translator."
- Steven Gerrard in guardian.co.uk
It was all English. It surprised me, he was really good,said Gerrard. "All the session was put across to the players in English. He got some help from a translator but it was better than I thought."