- n a surveying instrument for measuring horizontal and vertical angles, consisting of a small telescope mounted on a tripod
- n a facility consisting of the means and equipment necessary for the movement of passengers or goods
- n a journey usually by ship
- v make a passage or journey from one place to another
- v pass across (a sign or house of the zodiac) or pass across (the disk of a celestial body or the meridian of a place)
The comet will transit on September 11
- v revolve (the telescope of a surveying transit) about its horizontal transverse axis in order to reverse its direction
- v cause or enable to pass through
The canal will transit hundreds of ships every day
- Pressure builds on strikers and politicians on a second freezing day without mass transit.
- How to view the transit safely.
- Most states consistently favor roads over mass transit, building new roads over repairing old ones and building those new roads in rural rather than metropolitan areas.
News & Articles
- Transit-Oriented Development: Highland Park Transit Village Moving Ahead With Mixed Reviews
The Planning Commission gave the Highland Park Transit Village (in LA's greatest neighborhood) the thumbs up this morning, and dismissed three appeals of the project. The development is a public-private partnership that would bring 80 residential units plus public...
June 13, 2013 - Curbed LA
- Transit advocates want transit chief confirmed
With the MTA lacking a permanent chief since December, transit advocates want lawmakers to confirm the nomination of interim executive director Tom Prendergast to lead the agency.
June 13, 2013 - amNewYork
- NJ Transit approves Wi-Fi plan from Cablevision
New Jersey Transit's board approved a proposal Wednesday that will give rail travelers wireless Internet access in stations, on platforms and onboard trains by the end of 2016. But it won't be free for ...
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News