- n a state of being or existence above and beyond the limits of material experience
- n the state of excelling or surpassing or going beyond usual limits
- The present transcendency of women indicates the decline of the cycle.
- There is much unwarranted prating about the transcendency of 'experience' over 'content' in the curriculum .
- She had committed murder, of course; yet murder may represent a moment of transcendency and courage which the death penalty, always a cowardly, cold murder, never does .
- Yvonne Rainer in Boston Globe (registration)
Four decades ago, Rainer wrote a manifesto that echoes still in the art world: "No to spectacle no to virtuosity no to transformations and magic and make-believe no to the glamour and transcendency of the star image no to the heroic no to the...