- n an event resulting in great loss and misfortune
- n drama in which the protagonist is overcome by some superior force or circumstance; excites terror or pity
- PTI looks firsthand at the tragedy of genocide in Sudan .
- Once again, tragedy mars the Triple Crown.
- While Kim's family has not been harassed since the tragedy, neighbors haven't exactly gone out of their way to console the shame-ridden family.
News & Articles
- Earnhardt Reflects On How NASCAR Reacts To Tragedy
BROOKLYN, Mich. (AP) -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. dealt with the aftermath of his famous father's death more than a decade ago. He was asked Saturday how the racing community's reaction to tragedy has changed
June 16, 2013 - WRIC 8 News Richmond
- Prep rodeo: Tragedy strikes twice, but cowgirl perseveres
Prep rodeo: Tragedy strikes twice, but cowgirl perseveres by Alex Riggins The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 17, 2013 01:02PM MDT Heber City • Savannah Pratt called her father, Casey, to let him know she was on her way home and would be there in about an hour. Savannah, in between her sophomore and junior year at the time, had just won the Silver State barrel racing championship in Nevada. She ...
June 15, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- 6 months after Sandy Hook tragedy, group rallies in Fargo to raise awareness for new gun legislation
Today (Friday) marks the 6 month anniversary of the Sandy Hook Tragedy and now a group in Fargo is calling for action. The group "Organization for Action North Dakota" rallied in Fargo today to raise awareness for common sense gun violence prevention legislation.
June 14, 2013 - WDAZ 8 Grand Forks
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
In President Obama's June 15 speech addressing the spill, he boldly said, "We will make BP pay for the damage their company has caused. And we will do whatever is necessary to help the Gulf Coast and its people recover from this tragedy."
- Joe Barton in SmarTrend News
During today's Congressional hearing with BP CEO Tony Hayward, Barton said, "I think that it is a tragedy of the first proportion that a......corporation is subjected to what I would characterize as a shakedown, in this case a $20 billion...
- David Paterson in msnbc.com
Gov. David Paterson said the massacre was probably "the worst tragedy and senseless crime in the history of this city."