- n a wheeled vehicle with large wheels; used in farming and other applications
- n a truck that has a cab but no body; used for pulling large trailers or vans
- A Kremlin subsidiaryA Minnesota wheat farmer plowing up the south 40 in a Soviet-built tractor? It sounds about as likely as a Muscovite munching black-eyed peasbut it.
- An Afghan security policeman, left, stands near a burnt fuel tanker and tractor in Kunduz, north of Kabul.
- Said a two-star general in MacArthur's theater: "In this war there are two items of army equipment which should be memorialized in marblethe tractor and the jeep.
- Ken Livingstone in Register
Nobody needs to damage the environment by driving a gas-guzzling Chelsea tractor in central London,Mr Livingstone said.
- BB King in eTaiwan News
I made more Saturday evening than I did all week driving a tractor,King says.
- Barack Obama in Truckinginfo
This will bring down costs for transporting goods, serving businesses and consumers alike,Obama said. "We estimate that we can increase fuel economy by as much as 25 percent in tractor-trailers using technologies that already exist."