- n an abnormal condition of pregnancy characterized by hypertension and edema and protein in the urine
- n blood poisoning caused by bacterial toxic substances in the blood
- At a press conference, Steptoe explained that the baby was delivered early by caesarean section because Lesley Brown had developed toxemia, a disorder of pregnancy usually .
- Physicians noted a toxemia which they believed due to a focal infection in her appendix.
- Prebirth information begins with a detailed form in which the mother can describe her pregnancy, including such complications as toxemia and German measles.