- n the act of hauling something (as a vehicle) by means of a hitch or rope
the truck gave him a tow to the garage
- v drag behind
Horses used to tow barges along the canal
- Their air train went well for 175 miles, a record air tow.
- In all my years as a journalist I had never seen anything like this: a ragtag army with wailing families in tow, beseeching me to take news of their plight to the outside world.
- In 1960, calling themselves the Silver Beatles, and with drummer Pete Best in tow, they sailed to Germany to play the riotous red-light-district bars of Hamburg, drink Herculean .
News & Articles
- Mazda6 Wins 'Best Petrol Tow Car' at Tow Car Awards 2013
The all-new Mazda6 claimed its sixth award this year after it was named as the 'Best Petrol Tow Car' at the Tow Car Awards 2013, held at Woburn Abbey in Bedfordshire last night (13 June). The Mazda6 2.0-litre 165ps Sport Saloon petrol model won the title after rigorous testing against rivals from Ford, Peugeot and Vauxhall and was praised for its proven capability as a tow car in terms of its ...
June 17, 2013 - The Auto Channel
- Tow truck driver in deadly LA bus crash had record
A Gardena tow truck driver involved in a deadly bus crash in Los Angeles had traffic violations and led police on a high-speed chase five years ago.
June 14, 2013 - Channel 8 San Diego
- Tow-truck driver in fatal downtown L.A. crash convicted in 2008 police chase
A Gardena tow-truck driver suspected of crashing into a Metro bus in downtown Los Angeles and killing its driver led police on a high-speed chase five years ago.
June 14, 2013 - Pasadena Star-News