toughened : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make tough or tougher
- a physically toughened
- a made hard or flexible or resilient especially by heat treatment
- The case led to the Kayla McKean Child Protection Act in 1999, which toughened mandatory reporting laws and required DCF workers to follow up on every abuse allegation, including .
- In 1997 the Food and Drug Administration toughened the warning on every tube to read, "If more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a .
- A series of military defeats at the hands of toughened Iraqi security forces plus political missteps over the past year by al-Sadr and his followers have left the future of the .
News & Articles
- Rival Koreas set for first official talks in over two years
SEOUL (Reuters) - North and South Korea will meet for working-level discussions at a border village on Sunday, South Korea's Unification Ministry said, in what will be the first official talks between the rivals in more than two years. Tensions on the Korean peninsula have eased in the past month, having run high for several weeks after the United Nations toughened sanctions against North Korea ...
June 8, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News