- s having a relatively tough outer covering
- s insensitive to criticism
- At journey's end, in the fertile Willamette Valley, battered mentally and physically, the survivors are tough-skinned men and women whose memories hold at least as much to forget .
- Some of them will send tough-skinned projectiles down into hostile atmosphere and record what they report; some will land on distant planets and survey the landscape with sharp .
- The Peking Duck at $38 may be precooked and tough-skinned, butthanks to Mimi Sheratonit makes for lively Mimi at work conversation.
- Barry Bonds in SI.com
I was born in this game,the son of former Giants outfielder Bobby Bonds said. "I've seen a lot of things with my father and I've seen a lot. So I was tough-skinned at an early age. That's the only way I can sum it up."
- Ledley King in Sunday People
King added: "Players can live with the boos and Jermain's tough-skinned enough to deal with that. I don't agree with booing your own players but opposition fans have the right to boo a player, although there is a line there that shouldn't be...
- Rashad McCants in News & Observer
I was always tough-skinned and hardworking, and I didn't really care what people said about me, because I knew my ability,said McCants, who was drafted 14th overall by the Minnesota Timberwolves after his junior year, was traded to Sacramento...