- n a score in American football; being in possession of the ball across the opponents' goal line
- n a landing (as the wheels touch the landing field); especially of airplanes
- In two preseason games, Vick completed 11 of 15 passes for 45 yards with one interception and rushed for 36 yards on eight carries with one touchdown.
- The statesmen protested Welch's first touchdowna run of 54 yards.
- How much a goal after touchdown can mean was clearly understood by Wisconsin rooters who watched their dependable Rebholtz, conference leader in kicking goals after touchdown .
News & Articles
- Offense reaches 10 early
Kris Olugbode smashed his way into the end zone for the offense’s 10th touchdown and coach Paul Petrino blew his whistle, signaling the conclusion of Idaho’s third spring scrimmage. The 10-touchdown mark has been Petrino’s standard ...
June 12, 2013 - The Argonaut
- 2 Undrafted Bengals Who Could Prove to Be Gems
The 2012 NFL season ignited flames in the hearts of Cincinnati Bengals fans that hadn ’t seen fire in quite some time. Wide receiver A.J. Green sustained a nine game streak in which he caught at least one touchdown (10 touchdowns in nine games) breaking the Bengals single-season record for consecutive games with a touchdown catch. Defensive tackle Geno Atkins led all NFL interior linemen in ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Trent, Ibach Help North Cruise Past South in Class B All-Star Football Game
Bigfork quarterback Colter Trent connected on two touchdown passes and Eureka’s Chris Ibach ran 48 yards for a score as the Class B football all stars from the North defeated the South 48-27 on June 8 in Billings. Trent, who recently graduated, had scoring passes of 19 yards and 32 yards. Ibach, another recent grad, scored his long run midway through the third quarter to put the North up 33-20 ...
June 11, 2013 - Flathead Beacon
- Santonio Holmes in AFP
I knew it was a touchdown 100 percent. My feet never left the ground,said Holmes. "I stood up on my toes and extended my hands. Everything just flowed right together."
- Dan Marino in RotoTimes.com
I loved holding the touchdown record for the past 13 years,Marino said. "But if someone was going to break it. I'm glad it was someone like you, who has always competed at the highest level and always played to win."
- Eli Manning in International Herald Tribune
That's a position you want to be in,Eli said. "You want to have the ball in your hands ...... down, where you've got to score a touchdown."