- n (American football) a play in which the opposing team has kicked the football into your end zone
- The touchback clause is party designed to insulate the bill from criticism that amnesty would be unfair to those waiting in line to come legally.
- Two other rule changes this season: 1) an incomplete fourth-down pass into the end zone is no longer declared a touchback (ball will go to the opposition at point of last .
- The Navy played Davis-Elkins and lost its first game by a touchback, 0-2.
News & Articles
- Vikings: Two credible kickoff options
Here is an interesting tidbit to keep in mind and impress your friends with: On their roster, the Minnesota Vikings have arguably the top kickoff men from both the NFL and college football last season. We all know what Blair Walsh did in 2012, leading the league in average kickoff distance and ranking second in touchback percentage. As it turns out, rookie punter Jeff Locke -- a fifth-round ...
July 1, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Rich Brooks in New York Times
It's going to be one of the most significant rule changes to come about in recent years, maybe in a decade in college football,Brooks said. "Very few teams will have a guy who can kick it into the touchback area or out of the end...
- Lane Kiffin in USA Today
He's had great averages over the years,Kiffin said. "It was more about net and more about pinning (opponents) deep instead of touchbacks. His touchback percentage is way down, which has been huge to help the defense create long fields."