- a relating to totemism
- For the non-fan, those who knew Earnhardt's totemic name but not his story or his sport's, the rush of coverage surrounding his death this week was a stirring introduction.
- In Wisconsin are buffalo, moose, elk, deer, fox, wolf, panther, lynx and eagle tumuli, evidently of totemic significance, the actual graves being dug hard by.
- This totemic reduction of nature--the streamlining of a bird's body, the swish of its flight--was a prediction of the technological world to come in the second half of the century.
- John Hewson in The West Australian
Something like a green issue like this, what's happening in the Tamar Valley in Tasmania, can sort of become a totemic green issue and you can lose a lot of votes that way,Dr Hewson told ABC Radio.
- Tim Fischer in KalingaTimes
The baggy green cap and RFDS are totemic symbols in Australian history,Fischer said. "It is apt that a cricket match played in one of the world's most remote cities should commemorate the 80th anniversary of the institution, which provides...
- Chris Grayling in guardian.co.uk
Chris Grayling, the shadow work secretary, said: "This really is a totemic indication of the failure of the government's social policy."