- n a clan or tribe identified by their kinship to a common totemic object
- n emblem consisting of an object such as an animal or plant; serves as the symbol of a family or clan (especially among American Indians)
- When Frank Lausche was mayor of Cleveland in the early '40s, he sculpted his political totem in the form of a mugwump and named it antiboss.
- That gave the Corvette the very totem of hairy-chest, disco machismo acceleration comparable to a very hot Vespa.
- The 12-year-old Palestinian boy has become the totem of the Aqsa intifadeh that began Sept.
News & Articles
- Interns at Google probably make more than you
They are lowest on the totem pole, lack any kind of job security and assigned work no one else wants to do. But for almost $6,000 per month, who cares?
June 12, 2013 - CNN Money
- Poems by Wall and Hayes to be installed in Totem Bight park
Poems by local writers Emily Wall and Ernestine Hayes have been selected for permanent placement in Totem Bight State Historical Park in Ketchikan as part of the Alaska Center for the Book's Poems in Place project.
June 6, 2013 - Juneau Empire