- n someone who inflicts severe physical pain (usually for punishment or coercion)
- He was a prison guard and, worse, a torturer and an executioner for the bloody Duvalier regime.
- The movie snakes forward to 2003, when Oh is suddenly released, but still not free; his unknown torturer now plays with him in subtler, more damaging ways.
- The American torturer who has devalued the values the Western world stands for.
News & Articles
- 3 kids, basketball and Meth labs: I need a cocktail!
My 2-year-old daughter has recently decided “going to bed” now means “not going to bed for about three hours, fighting to stay awake, yelling, crying and generally acting like a CIA torturer attempting to get top-shelf intel from a known terrorist by using all manner of psychic warfare, including doing this thing where she throws her Bubble Guppy stuffed animal out of her bed and then screams ...
Sept. 25, 2013 - The Oneida Daily Dispatch
- President Bush in USA Today
In an interview with ABC News/Primetime, Bush said, "I think he ought to receive the ultimate penalty ...... for what he has done to his people. I mean, he is a torturer, a murderer. They had rape rooms. This is a disgusting tyrant who deserves...
- Michael Ratner in USA Today
One of the goals has been to say a torturer is someone who cannot be given a safe haven,said Michael Ratner, the president of New York's Center for Constitutional Rights, which is behind the litigation. "It sends a strong message that this...
- George Fetherling in Winnipeg Free Press
Pete just stares for a moment -- stares and squints,Fetherling writes. "Then he lets loose a barrage of invective, Christian and secular. Lincoln the tyrant and torturer, Lincoln the invader and desecrator, nay Lincoln the murderer on a...