- a of or pertaining to the nature of a tort
- As for the investigation, it's actually in the public interest that an internal investigation is not pursued; a better alternative is for the victims to pursue a tortious claim for .
- CBS lawyers feared the network might be vulnerable to a suit on the grounds of "tortious interference"--inducing one party to break a legal contract with another.
News & Articles
- Biogenesis scandal: Anthony Bosch tried to cut a deal with Alex Rodriguez
Bosch's plea for help to A-Rod -- or possible extortion attempt, depending on how you want to look at it -- came after the league filed its lawsuit against him claiming that he was guilty of tortious interference for aiding players in breaching their contract (i.e. the Joint Drug Agreement) with Major League Baseball.
June 6, 2013 - Philly.com
- Report: A-Rod Refuses To Give Bosch Money; Bosch Cuts Deal With MLB
According to the New York Daily News , Anthony Bosch tried to get money from A-Rod to help pay his mounting legal bills, due in part to the frivolous lawsuit filed by Major League Baseball for tortious interference. A-Rod refused his request, so Bosch cut a deal that would end the lawsuit and require MLB to indemnify him from the collateral damage his cooperation would cause. The Daily News ...
June 6, 2013 - Deadspin
- Hugh Caperton in United Press International
and its affiliates committed "fraudulent misrepresentation, concealment and tortious interference" with a group led by businessman Hugh Caperton, saying Massey "intentionally acted in utter disregard of (Caperton's) rights and ultimately...
- Orin Kerr in Chronicle of Higher Education (subscription)
In order to charge the case as a felony rather than a misdemeanor, the government needed to claim that the intrusion was committed to further criminal or tortious activity,writes Orin S. Kerr, a professor at George Washington University's law...
- Paul Pfeifer in Courthouse News Service
Roberts contends that the Ohio long-arm statute does not confer personal jurisdiction because he did not direct the alleged tortious statements to Ohio or publish them here,Justice Paul Pfeifer wrote. "Despite the fact that Roberts'...