- v be superior or better than some standard
She topped her performance of last year
- v pass by, over, or under without making contact
- v be at the top of or constitute the top or highest point
- v be ahead of others; be the first
she topped her class every year
- v provide with a top or finish the top (of a structure)
the towers were topped with conical roofs
- v reach or ascend the top of
The hikers topped the mountain just before noon
- v strike (the top part of a ball in golf, baseball, or pool) giving it a forward spin
- v cut the top off
- v be the culminating event
- v finish up or conclude
They topped off their dinner with a cognac
- a having a top of a specified character
- Each of the 80 floors in the world's first moving skyscraper with offices and a hotel, topped by apartments will rotate 360 degrees, all at different speeds.
- The Yankees topped the AL in home runs with 156, exactly 100 more than any other team.
- Movies have loved the big prehistoric galoots ever since Winsor McCay animated his Gertie nearly a century ago, and Jurassic Park earned Hollywood's raptor attention when it topped .
News & Articles
- Karl Ramonas: Daniels rolls 300/800 at Stuart Lanes
Dakota Daniels topped the Martin County men this week, leading off his league with a 300 game then adding games of 279 and 226 for an 805 series in the Wednesday Singles at Stuart Bowl.
June 12, 2013 - St. Lucie News Tribune
- Today's News: Our Take - The Big Bang Theory Leads Critics' Choice TV Awards Winners
The Big Bang Theory topped the third annual Critics' Choice Television Awards Monday.In addition to the show's Best Comedy Series victory, The Big Bang Theory stars Simon Helberg and Kaley Cuoco also won acting awards for their supporting turns. Cuoco ...
June 12, 2013 - Advocate Tribune
- Restaurant Report: Lolla in Singapore
The coveted zinc-topped bar at Lolla. Just a five-minute walk from the din of Singapore’s Chinatown, the once-vibrant Club Street-Ann Siang Road dining enclave is enjoying a revival.
June 11, 2013 - New York Times
- Kasey Kahne in 680 News
It was pretty close there,Kahne said. "We topped off there and I think we pretty much had the most fuel of anybody out there. We did the best thing we could do today to get a good finish. the team did a good job."
- Peter Mandelson in Manufacturer.com
Our car scrappage scheme has been so successful the money is running out,said Mandelson. "The industry has asked that the scheme be topped up. Conference, we cannot do everything but that does not mean doing nothing. So today I am...
- Hilary Benn in Scotsman
What we dealt with last night was probably more like one-in-1,000, so even the very best defences, if you have such quantities of rain in such a short space of time, can be over-topped,said Mr Benn.