- n a yellow quartz
- n a mineral (fluosilicate of aluminum) that occurs in crystals of various colors and is used as a gemstone
- n a light brown the color of topaz
- And if anyone else calls needing imperial topaz? Mine owner Wagner Colombarolli glances at his two partners and scratches his chin.
- According to the admiral's chronicler Ma Huan, inland mountain streams flushed gems to the surface after heavy rains, a bounty of "red rubies, blue sapphires, yellow oriental topaz .
- Even more arresting were his gold-handled cane, the topaz earring on his left ear.
News & Articles
- Mississippi DMR selling boats it received from ex-director's foundation
The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources is selling two recreational fishing boats that are part of an ongoing investigation, but the state Auditor's Office refuses to say whether either boat -- the 36-foot Topaz or the 42-foot Californian -- is evidence in its investigations.
June 26, 2013 - The Biloxi Sun Herald
- MDMR to sell off two boats transferred from foundation
View full sizeA 1984 Topaz once owned by the Mississippi Marine Resources Foundation, one of two boats now owned by the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources which will be sold.File Photo/Gulflive.com BILOXI, Mississippi -- The Mississippi Commission on Marine Resources...
June 24, 2013 - The Mississippi Press
- Newly Opened Ring Jeweler Offers Designer Jewelry
Shoppers will love the MMA gold, MMA silver and topaz charms they find at Ring Jeweler. (PRWeb June 23, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10860847.htm
June 23, 2013 - PRWeb
- Ian Wilson in GenomicsProteomics.com (press release)
We used the TOPAZ system to conduct initial crystallization trials, which allowed us to rapidly identify suitable crystallization conditions while conserving our valuable baculovirus expressed H5 hemagglutinin for other project needs,said Ian...
- David Rockwell in Los Angeles Times
The curtain solves a challenge, which is that the proscenium opening is smaller than the arch of the room,Rockwell says. "We're remaking it, so it will ombrÃ© from the clear crystal to a new topaz fringe, creating a sharper silhouette."