- n a colorless flammable liquid obtained from petroleum or coal tar; used as a solvent for gums and lacquers and in high-octane fuels
- Formaldehyde and toluene, both identified by the EPA as carcinogens, are part of the mix in many common cosmetics, as are phthalates, chemicals that have been linked to birth .
- Armed with these data, Brockovich charged that emissions of benzene, toluene n-hexane and other substances on the high school campus have caused 300 cases of cancer among those who .
- Admitting that his company's use of the carcinogenic toluene diisocyanate, or TDI, is a highly regulated potential health hazard, Clark cited threats of "very large fines, civil .
News & Articles
- Number of the day
Number of the day 329,374 That's the number of pounds of hydrochloric acid released in Albany County in 2011, according to the Environmental Protection Agency's 2011 Toxic Release Inventory. That made the air pollutant the top-ranked chemical released locally. Here are the rest of the top five: Ammonia 99,998 Toluene 82,343 Methanol 47,053 Phenol 5,816
June 15, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Video: Step Inside a Giant Silo's Magical (Or Maddening) Soundscape
In less capable hands, a project entitled 329 prepared dc-motors, cotton balls, toluene tank sounds like a science experiment waiting to go really, really wrong. But in the hands of Swiss artist Zimoun, these simple objects transform an empty, old chemical tank in Dottikon, Switzerland into a mesmerizing soundscape that will leave you wondering: How the hell did he do this?
June 11, 2013 - Wired News