- n a one-piece cloak worn by men in ancient Rome
- For the folks at Universal, the toga fad simply means more money in the bank.
- At Mantua, cross-legged tailors were busy last week cutting scores of classic Roman togas from wide bolts of the traditional white woolen cloth.
- The toga may have gone out of style centuries ago, but after Obama's temple speech tomorrow night, they're sure to be flying off the racks.
- Sam Worthington in iFMagazine
I've got a skirt on,says Worthington. "I don't think you can make a toga look that manly. I couldn't anyway, so I said, 'Armor me up, give me armor and a buzz cut and give me a skirt and a sword and let me loose.'?"
- Etgar Keret in National Post
These people are a nuisance,Etgar says, playing the part of the official. "I found one man in a toga made of bed sheets walking across the Jordan River!"
- Dan Gelber in Palm Beach Post
All we're missing is John Belushi yelling 'Toga party!'House Democratic Leader Dan Gelber of Miami Beach said after the meeting. "We have a serious confidence issue."