- n the thick short innermost digit of the forelimb
- n the part of a glove that provides a covering for the thumb
- n a convex molding having a cross section in the form of a quarter of a circle or of an ellipse
- v travel by getting free rides from motorists
- v look through a book or other written material
He thumbed through the report
- v feel or handle with the fingers
- The thumbs-up gesture worked just the other way.
- Any plans for when those thumbs might return to TV? And what do you think of the new At the Movies program, hosted by Ben Lyons and Ben Mankiewicz?.
- You can even tweak your station by giving songs a thumbs-up or thumbs-down.
- James Dobson in Seattle Post Intelligencer
The Rev. James Dobson, head of the conservative Focus on Family, denounced McCain as a man who has "gone out of his way to stick his thumb in the eyes" of party conservatives, and called McCain a man of "legendary temper (who) often uses foul...
- Rick Perry in PolitiFact
Oh, I think there's a lot of different scenarios,Perry replied. "We've got a great union. There is absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what may...
- Geoffrey Fieger in USA Today
He's on a short leash for the next two years,Fieger said Friday. "After that, it will be another story. After two years, he no longer is going to be under their thumb."