- n candidiasis of the oral cavity; seen mostly in infants or debilitated adults
- n a woman who sings popular songs
- n songbirds characteristically having brownish upper plumage with a spotted breast
- Finally it became Patsy Cline's post-mortem anthem; the Virginia thrush's rendition hit #18 on the country chart in 1980, 17 years after her death.
- He identifies birds by their song even before he spots them and is constantly chirping himself: "There's a wood thrush hopping across that rock .
- When Parents' unsuspecting eaglewith a thrush stowed away on its backlifts off majestically at the upward wave of the storyteller's hand, the audience lifts off too, out .
News & Articles
- Obama loses rockstar status
POLITICO Junkies: New reporting and analysis from VandeHei, Harris, Palmer and Thrush on the difference between President Obama's reception in Europe in 2008 and today, and how his administration is reacting to drop in polls domestically.
June 20, 2013 - Politico
- Diane St. Clair's Animal Farm Buttermilk Cookbook
The Animal Farm Buttermilk Cookbook by Diane St. Clair Forget about an apple. A glass of buttermilk a day can cure all sorts of ailments: canker sores, colitis, heat stroke, thrush, parasites, and even excessive sweating. more…
June 19, 2013 - Charleston City Paper
- Graham Henry in Stuff.co.nz
I watched them for 60 minutes - 30 minutes each - to finalise that selection,Henry said of the performances of Filipo and Thrush in the final. "If we'd been picking the side six weeks ago Jeremy Thrush probably would have got in, but Ross...
- Joel Plaskett in Edmonton Journal (registration)
It took Big Star almost 20 years to reunite because that's how long it took to get enough fans to make it worthwhile for them to reunite,says Plaskett. "That's how I feel. The biggest show Thrush Hermit ever played as a headliner was 1,000...
- John Cheever in Wall Street Journal
In the unsold house lots near the track a hermit thrush is singing,Cheever wrote in one early story.