- n a thrumming sound
he could hear the thrum of a banjo
- v sound with a monotonous hum
- v sound the strings of (a string instrument)
- v make a rhythmic sound
- The role of mass electronics was rather weird, causing the McLuhanesque web to thrum with a new note.
- As the minutes wore down and the French still couldn't produce an equalizer, the thrum grew ever louder.
- Ideally, it should be taken out on a back screen porch on a warm afternoon, with a glass of cool lemonade and an old Western Electric circulating fan to thrum back and forth.
News & Articles
- VIDEO: Red Hook grads recall small-town feeling
RED HOOK - Sitting out in front of the Linden Avenue Middle School, all in attendance watched the two-hour Red Hook High School graduation ceremony amidst a gentle thrum of cicadas.
June 22, 2013 - Poughkeepsie Journal