- s having or as if having three legs
a three-legged stool
a three-legged race
- A bizarre, three-legged race of a novel, Pale Fire is composed of a long, narrative poem followed by a much longer set of footnotes written by an obsessive, increasingly deranged .
- But as in a three-legged-race, you'll instantly know when a teammate is struggling, because that will slow you down as well.
- The competition of a three-legged race could be brutal--and having your bunk short-sheeted humiliating--but most adults remember sleepaway camp as a relatively carefree experience .
News & Articles
- @ Town Council: New software for parking system?
Tom Bradford, assistant town manager: Parking system a three-legged stool, enforcement devices, kiosks, software. Funds available to replace hand-held enforcement devices and kiosks. Need is for new software: $150,000 cost. Coniglio: New software compatible with current, future kiosks? Bradford: Goal is for it to be compatible. Council votes to approve.
June 11, 2013 - Palm Beach Daily News
- 'Not Fighting For Just Sarah': Rating Transplant Priorities
Sarah Murnaghan's spirit can be summed up by her personalized Monopoly character: a three-legged silver pig that can stand on its own. "Everybody sort of expects her to decline here, and she does, but she fights back every time," says her mother, Janet. Sarah, who has cystic fibrosis, has a...
June 9, 2013 - Georgia Public Broadcasting
- Susan Granger's review of 'Epic'
his estranged 17-year-old daughter, Mary Katherine -- a.k.a. M.K. ( Amanda Seyfried ) -- living on the edge of a vast woodland. One day, when their one-eyed, three-legged pug Ozzy runs off, feisty M.K. follows him, which leads her to a fateful encounter with dying Queen Tara ( Beyonce Knowles ), a tiny, Persephone-like creature who embodies the life force of the forest.
June 8, 2013 - Darien News-Review
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
Obama told the group, "The recovery package that we're passing is only going to be one leg in at least a three-legged stool."
- John Howard in Sydney Morning Herald
What I meant by that was to adopt the referral plan without Victoria would be a three-legged horse because it wouldn't apply to Victoria,Mr Howard told ABC Radio. "What we are proposing is to legislate to apply throughout the whole of the...
- Annabel Goldie in Midloothian Today
Miss Goldie concluded: "This programme is not so much the sleek race horse of Scottish government but more a three-legged nag with a limp. The great political pundit of the political racecourse promised us milk and honey. I would settle for bread...