- s having a lane for traffic in each direction and a center lane for passing
- Seven years ago, many a San Franciscan watched with mounting wrath as a new, three-lane elevated highway bulldozed across Market Street, visually cutting in half the cherished,.
- As Rommel moved along the three-lane coastal highway, British tanks, light artillery and motorized infantry drew abreast of his rear guard.
- To move the coral, they built a smooth three-lane highway that cut a five-hour haul to 15 minutes.
News & Articles
- Concord Approves Downtown Overhaul
The Concord City Council has approved a dramatic Main Street overhaul. Under the plan, Main Street will be converted from four lanes to a modified three-lane set-up. New lighting, wider sidewalks, more benches, and bike racks are also part of the plan.
June 14, 2013 - New Hampshire Public Radio
- Glenbrook South to add extra lane
A three-lane exit from Glenbrook South High School’s main entrance in Glenview onto Pfingsten Road was set in motion Monday night. “We hope this idea helps. It’s been a problem at GBS. It’s been a stranglehold with only two lanes,” said Superintendent Mike Riggle. “We hope there’s less time spent by students and parents in traffic.” Trustees approved a $32,000 contract to add a third lane, widen ...
June 12, 2013 - Glenview Announcements
- Peter O Toole in guardian.co.uk
Peter O'Toole, who played the lead role in Jeffrey Bernard Is Unwell in its first West End run, said: "My friend for 50 years, the bugger wrote plays for me that were razor's edges he expected me to walk along as though they were three-lane...
- Alastair Cook in The Age
Maybe I'll be in for a shock and owe somebody a pile of backdated fines,Cook wrote in his column in Britain's Times. "They are such bad drivers : they dawdle at 30 mph (48 km/h) on a three-lane motorway, for goodness sake."
- Rhodri Morgan in WalesOnline
Mr Morgan said: "I am not sure you are right about the road being planned as a dual carriageway 40 years ago." "I think Jim Griffiths, the first Secretary of State for Wales at the time, was very clear that it would be a three-lane...