- v to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course
- v pass a thread through
- v remove facial hair by tying a fine string around it and pulling at the string
She had her eyebrows threaded
- v pass through or into
- v thread on or as if on a string
- a (of bolts or screws) having screw threads
- Now try a text message: Instead of jumbling them all together in your in-box, iPhone arranges your texts by recipient, as threaded conversations made of little jewel-like bubbles.
- The album's sound is refreshingly unique: long, meandering, melodic passages that take their own sweet time to work themselves out; jangling, spacey guitar work--all of it threaded .
- Her brisk prose and vivid poetry are threaded together in Samoa's su'ifefiloi storytelling style, which Figiel likens to "a necklace of flowers-each flower is connected to another .
News & Articles
- GigaHertz Wars 2.0? AMD Releases World's First 5.0 GHz FX Processor
Chip may be competitive with Haswell on basis of price, multi-threaded performance
June 11, 2013 - AnandTech
- Use your 37mm DSLR lenses with your Samsung Galaxy S4
The Conversion Adapter Kit for using 37mm DSLR/SLR Lenses on Galaxy S4 from Allputer.com takes Samsung’s latest high end smartphone’s built in camera to the next level. The adapter has been designed as a simple screw down clamp that fits on the back of the phone and provides a threaded socket for your existing 37mm lenses or [...]
June 9, 2013 - The Gadgeteer
- The Haswell paradox: The best CPU in the world… unless you’re a PC enthusiast
Intel's Haswell is a bit of a puzzle. On the one hand, this is the fastest single-threaded chip in the world -- but on the other, it's hard to get excited about a chip that's only a few percent faster, consumes more power, and has weaker overclocking potential than its predecessor. Where did it all go wrong for the master chip maker?
June 5, 2013 - ExtremeTech
- Charles Schumer in Bloomberg
Paulson has threaded the needle just right by taking necessary action to stabilize US financial markets while minimizing the liability for taxpayers,Democratic Senator Charles Schumer of New York, who heads the congressional Joint Economic...
- Rick Crawford in SI.com
It was wild from my point of view, too,Crawford said. "I'm going to be the first to say that I hate to take this third and be satisfied and go home, but it was quite a day. ...... I threaded the needle, made some bold moves and finished...
- Andrew Adamson in MovieVine.com
Director Andrew Adamson described, "For Prince Caspian, Harry drew not only on the beloved themes of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, but also developed original, sympathetic themes for Caspian and the Telmarines. Harry has threaded these...