- n position 1,000 in a countable series of things
- n one part in a thousand equal parts
- s the ordinal number of one thousand in counting order
- An Eskimo hunter who kills only the game necessary to feed his family would have been horrified by Theodore Roosevelt, who could not have consumed more than one ten-thousandth of .
- These pants look and feel ordinary, but they have undergone a special chemical treatment to give them "nanowhiskers" millions of tiny fibers one hundred-thousandth of an inch .
- No codes were compromised; indeed, none could have been because encoding is done by computers that, in effect, change their combination every one hundred-thousandth of a second.
News & Articles
- Facebook, Microsoft release NSA stats to reassure users
In an effort to reassure users, Facebook discloses it has received legal orders to turn over details on about one-thousandth of one percent of user accounts. So does Microsoft, and Google plans to do the same. [Read more]
June 15, 2013 - CNET
- Facebook releases stats to reassure users about NSA spying
In an effort to reassure users, Facebook discloses that in the United States, it has received legal orders to turn over details on about one-thousandth of one percent of user accounts. Originally posted at News - Politics and Law
June 15, 2013 - CNET
- Sometimes memories are as good as gold
I dove into my jewelry box this week to see if I'm richer than I think I am. I'd just seen the TV commercial for the 4-thousandth time-you know the one-and I was inspired to examine my 50 years worth of trinkets to see what I have.
June 12, 2013 - Greenwich Citizen
- Roger Federer in Independent
It's one of the most beautiful moments of my career,Federer said. "Although I always wanted to be a professional tennis player, I never dreamed as a ball-boy here that I would one day be the champion. It's also my one thousandth day as...
- Dale Earnhardt Jr in SportingNews.com
We just chased the handling of the car the entire day,Earnhardt said. "We had it too tight at the end there. It's frustrating. Just a thousandth of an inch adjustment can just mess things up. We went back and forth all day long."
- Nicolas Sarkozy in AFP
Sarkozy said however that eurozone leaders would still hold "operational, pragmatic, rapid meetings" if the need arose. "We saw in the crisis how the markets and speculators, which are not the same thing, were able to react in a thousandth of...