- a of or relating to the chest or thorax
- The 10-inch measurement shall be made from the center of the protruding edge of the 13th thoracic vertebra and not from the hollow of the chine bone where the 13th rib joins the .
- The trial will enroll patients with injury to the thoracic region, high in the spinal cord between the third and 10th vertebrae.
- Sugarbaker, chief of thoracic surgery at Boston's Brigham and Women's Hospital, draws a 10-cm-long sliver of lung through a finger-size hole in the patient's side and sends it for .
News & Articles
- Dr. Spray's son performed double lung transplant
Dr. Paul Spray announced at the Rotary Club of Oak Ridge meeting Thursday that his son, Dr. Thomas Spray, surgical director of thoracic organ transplant at Philadelphia Children's Hospital, performed the double lung transplant on Sarah Murnaghan, the 10-year-old Philadelphia girl with cystic fibrosis whose family has been fighting to get her a new set of lungs to save her life.
June 20, 2013 - The Oak Ridger
- CollabRx to Collaborate With the University of Chicago Medical Center on Clinical Cancer Sequencing and Interpretation
SAN FRANCISCO -- CollabRx, Inc. , a data analytics company focused on informing clinical decision making in molecular medicine, today announced a collaboration with the thoracic oncology program at the ...
June 18, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Bode Miller in CNN International
It was a strange injury. It was right up in my thoracic region, which is between your shoulder blades,Miller said. "It's a really strange place to get a back injury. The general consensus was that it's a nerve issue, which was shutting...
- Gretchen Bleiler in New York Times
In these 22-foot pipes, we're finding a lot of riders are having thoracic spine stiffness, from all the compression in the big, big transitions,Ms. Bleiler said.
- Jim Furyk in Scotsman
I'm in a pretty good state right now,said Furyk. "I was in a lot of pain and stiff (last week) and when I got here I was pretty iffy about my chances. Tuesday night I received some treatment. I had a joint in my upper back in my thoracic...