- s needing moisture
thirsty fields under a rainless sky
- a feeling a need or desire to drink
after playing hard the children were thirsty
- s (usually followed by `for') extremely desirous
thirsty for informaton
- s able to take in large quantities of moisture
- When it got thirsty, the puppy got thirsty and lapped milk eagerly.
- True, the car was kind of homely, fuel thirsty and too expensive, particularly at the outset of the late '50s recession.
- From the flood plains of Australia's Top End, through ancient desert watercourses to coastal giants and pristine tributaries, PTI traces the lifelines of a thirsty continent.
News & Articles
- VIBE Premiere: Chase N. Cashe Feat. Stori 'B.T.K. (Blood Thirsty Killers)'
VIBE.com presents the world premiere of Chase N. Cashe's latest record, "B.T.K. (Blood Thirsty Killers)," featuring rising talent, Stori. Also, keep your eyes peeled for Chase's new music summer series "Heat Wave." The producer/rapper will drop a new collab song every Wednesday. For now, check out "B.T.K." below:
June 18, 2013 - Vibe Magazine
- Ohio city's water praised again
If you're thirsty, the southwest Ohio city of Hamilton is a good place to be.
June 17, 2013 - Toledo News Now
- Thirsty Beaver owner: Neighbor built fence around property to 'run us out'
The inside of the Thirsty Beaver is full of vintage signs -- a classic local bar. On the outside, it now looks more like a prison yard. "I believe he's trying to run us out," said owner Mark Wilson. Wilson is referring to John Hatcher, who owns the land surrounding the bar. He said Hatcher took away his parking a few weeks ago, then had a fence put up along the property line. Eyewitness News ...
June 14, 2013 - WSOC-TV Charlotte
- Pedro Martinez in Newsday
I've got my first taste of blood and now I'm thirsty for more. Until now, it was 'Watch what I say,' `I can't say this,' `I can't say that,' `Don't do anything silly,' but I'm ready now. You look for the guys that say something that aren't supposed... Joey Porter http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Porter&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEi0JckbVQdHetMAi3Yzzw3g5DjWw San Francisco Chronicle http://www.google.com/url?q=http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi%3Ff%3D/n/a/2006/02/01/sports/s094310S64.DTL&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHvnQ1_8A1XORnKMcYN-ehRi_UnjA Feb 1, 2006
99620 132279 thirsty I'm extremely happy to have Johan over here," Martinez said, letting out an exaggerated sigh of relief. "I can breathe. It's like a big glass of cold water when you're really thirsty. That's how bad we wanted Johan, and I'm glad he's on our...