- n relatively small dimension through an object as opposed to its length or width
the thinness of a rope
- n the property of having little body fat
- n the property of being very narrow or thin
- n the property of being scanty or scattered; lacking denseness
- n a consistency of low viscosity
he disliked the thinness of the soup
- Modern-day obesity researchers are skeptical achieving thinness, they say, is not simply a matter of willpower.
- It's easy to see how an outsized sense of perfectionism in a female might lead to an unhealthy obsession with thinness given society's preoccupation with physical appearance .
- Still others point to a culture obsessed with thinness, even at the expense of health; women who try to quit smoking often gain weight as a result of both increased eating and a .
News & Articles
- Microwave Chip Capacitors offer long-term stability.
Consisting of Oxide/Nitride layer, Series 8000 offers working voltage >50 V and capacitance from 2.0–600 pF, while Series 8100 offers working voltage of more than 100 V and capacitance from 0.1–399 pF. Gold contacts are provided on front and back, and die thinness of as little as 3 mils is achievable for limiting inductance. Devices are suited for applications that require DC ...
June 12, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Martin Scorsese in Akron Beacon Journal
CGI leads to a certain thinness of texture,Scorsese wrote, "which is diametrically opposed to the visual force you see here, possible only with thousands of extras and grand expanses of space at your disposal."
- Stephen Bayley in Telegraph.co.uk
Thinness has traditionally been based on the needs of the movie/fashion industry,explains Bayley. "Thin women tend to move better than fat ones so were initially preferred in the cinema. For similar reasons, and because clothes tend to...
- Peter Chiarelli in Comcast SportsNet New England (blog)
You see the negotiating rights being traded and switched around and flip-flopped, and that speaks to the thinness of the [free-agent] market,said Chiarelli. "We're gonna work the trade market. We're not going to sign anyone unless we have...